Saturday, May 2, 2015

Meet the Skinny Fatso

      Some title, huh? Oh, I know what you're thinking. Someone who is skinny can't be fat and someone who is fat can't be skinny. Oh. Yes I can.  All of my life, I have struggled with my weight. Even when I was born, many considered me to be a big girl. My sister's are a 00 and I? Oh I am finally down to a size 8. For years, I had people asking me if I was a boy instead of a girl due to my horrible haircut and amount of weight. The crazy thing was? I ate less then my siblings! I would sometimes starve myself, only to gain more weight then they did when they feasted on junk food. My mom always told me it was just, "baby weight," and that it would go away. Well, here I am at 23 and still have my "baby weight."

       Now, most people would call me skinny. According to the health charts, I am actually underweight for how tall I am. But ya know what? I still have love handles. I still have a stomach, and no, I don't have a thigh gap. Every day I look into the mirror, I struggle with how fat I am. In that mirror, I see someone who guys would never like, just because I'm "overweight," and wouldn't look good in a bikini. Part of the problem is that I'm very flat chested. I feel as if I had bigger breasts, then, maybe I would be more beautiful. Maybe having a more "womanly" body would balance me out some. Ya know what though? As much as I hate my body; as much as it bothers me to look into that mirror every day, I KNOW that I am beautiful. Why? Because Jesus Christ made me in His image. Made me beautiful, and He loves me whether I am a size 00 or a size 8.

      Although I  know am beautiful, I still struggle with the reality of what the mirror shows me. I am sick and tired of feeling fat. I want to be healthy. I don't want to have to look in the mirror anymore and  wonder what it would be like to be skinny. I want to BE healthy, toned, and skinny. So, now comes my resolution: I want to get into shape if it's the last thing I do. It's going to be hard. It's going to take some sacrifices, but it will be a journey that I won't regret. I am going to be tempted to give up, but I WILL NOT. Not this time!

Ladies: all of those who feel that you are not as healthy as you would like to be, it's not too late to be healthy. It's not too late to look how you want to look. Join me. Together, we will work towards a healthier lifestyle. I'm in..... are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment